The Aurora R-VIII School District is accepting applications for a grounds position. Requirements to be successful include:
- Applicant must be able to study and pass test to obtain a pesticide license through MDA;
- Must be able to operate and maintain weed eater for up to 4 hours per day;
- Must be able to operate commercial zero-turn mowers over rough ground for 4-8 hours per day;
- Must be able to carry 50-80 pounds of material on a daily basis;
- Have a knowledge of basic layouts of all sports fields and ability to paint fields on a 100 degree day at 100% humidity for 8 hours per day;
- Have a variety of other skills from light electric and plumbing to general carpentry skills;
- Ability to maintain and diagnose most mechanical problems with a variety of different equipment;
- Ability to shovel and remove snow from sidewalks in inclement weather conditions;
- Ability to complete jobs without supervision and able to work alone most days;
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test;
- Must have driver’s license and ability to pull and back trailers; and
- Ability to receive and complete tasks from multiple school personnel.
For more information, please call 417-678-3373. Applicants may apply on online at the District website: www.aurorar8.org or visit the Central Office at 201. S. Madison. Hourly wage will be based on a pre-approved schedule. Benefits are available after completion of a probationary period.